Monday, May 3, 2010

So its back to life, which isn't slow by any means, but I feel like ok, now what ha ha. I stopped doing the HCG diet, I was not feeling well on it at all and did lose about 9lbs, but I would rather lose weight the natural and healthier way than feel like I am starving ha ha. It worked well for others but just too much for my body. I also went to the dr and she was just so pleased at the amount of weight I had lost since having Zack and that is always a boost to your confidence when the dr thinks you are doing good right?
We got to go to the temple open house on Friday with my parents and Grandma Ullery and it also happened to be her 81st birthday, so I thought it was pretty special (she is not a member of the church), and I just couldn't believe how peaceful it was there and just how beautiful it all was inside. Willey and I haven't been to the temple in such a long time that I am just so EXCITED for it to finally be open. Pre-kids we were able to go to the Mesa temple at least once a week and we looked forward to that time so much and our lives just seemed to be simpler then and I really think that had a lot to do with it. When you are living our life the way our heavenly father has asked and are there at the temple feeling his love and spirit all around you its hard not to want to live the best we can so that we can be in that celestial glory with him, and meet all those that we have done work for. I just feel blessed to be able to live in a community that now has a temple and plan on once again making it our weekly goal to attend!

4 comments:

Bec said...

It's so exciting that you all have a temple there now! I also need to get my buns to the temple more often. We'll aim for once a month for now, though. ;)

klutzy k said...

we should trade off kids so we can both go weekly! i miss that so, so much and i'm so excited we have a temple right here now! :)

see ya tomorrow morning! :D

Andy and Michele said...

I know, it almost feels unreal! I am so excited to not make the long trips to Mesa for the temple and to go more often!

Yeah, I can't believe you lost weight eating all those donuts for breakfast! I'm so not familiar with that diet, but it definately doesn't sound healthy!! But yeah for the dr telling you you're doing good, you do look great btw!

The Cluff's said...

Good for your Dr to tell you you are doing good...........because you are! You look great,now start believing it! I think we all need to throw our scales away and just do things to feel healthy....... not be "the perfect weight." That HCG diet is a killer anyway and I told Justin if I ever mention doing it again to tell me NO. I decided I like food too much to go that extreme ever again.

It is so exciting for the temple to be opening soon. What a blessing it will be for this valley.