Sunday, February 14, 2010

Is this my life with boys?

Thursday was a day like any other, picked Josh up from preschool along with his buddy Bradley. Came home and made lunch. I was planning on trying to make some Yummy fish tacos for dinner, and the boys were playing knights and dragons in their room, so I thought perfect time to go look up a recipe for mango salsa. The minute I sat down I heard Zack screaming and the boys yelling for me. So I head into their room to see Zack crying and having a heck of a time standing up. So of course as the kind and patient mom I am I yell at him "what is the matter with you, stand up and tell me whats wrong"!! And as I finish his head sweeps across the closet door and there is blood, LOTS of blood!! And Josh tells me that Zack fell off the top of the bunk bed! So I Grab Zack, wake Willey up (he works night shift) and tell him to call 911, grab a towel and put it on Zacks head. The police, firemen and then the EMT's come. And Zack is totally calm not crying or making a sound just looking at the fireman that was checking him out! Totally not like him, he is not my friendly child, and definitley doesn't like strangers! Anyhow a trip in the Ambulance and a few hours in the ER, we got to go home, no concusion but 2 staples (weird) to hold everything together. So everythings good right? NO. Friday night his temp jumps up to 103.5 and I can't get it down. Called in for some priesthood help since hubby was not home, and I feel blessed to have such good friends with such good husbands!! But to no avail, I couldn't get his temp to get lower than 99.9. Saturday we laid low and just relaxed, but he was whiney and super clingy. His temp went back up to 103.1 so I gave the dr a call and she said to get him into the ER quickly. So again a few hours there with a few x-rays and the diagnosis: lower lung pnemonia. They gave him 2 shots, one in each leg of antibiotics (he had already been on 2 different kinds for his ears earlier) so it must be a strong one? And we were able to go home with the promise I would take him into the dr to get checked out on Monday. We got home and Ryan was crying that his ears were hurting and Josh was trying to sleep but kept waking up with a seal like cough!! AHH, so it will be off to the DR for all three boys. We figure we will have our deductible met sometime this month!! ha ha!! Oh and I did run my 5 miles Friday in only 52 minutes to end this on a good note!! It felt GREAT and running actually has been the one way I have been able to stay calm through this all :)!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

YIKES! I always tell my kids they aren't allowed to bleed if dad isn't home. I don't stay calm when there is blood. AHH! How crazy. Sorry about all the sickies. Have Mary hook you up with some Theives essential oils. They really help keep the yuckies at bay. Boys are so crazy. Rachel you could tell no and she totally listens, now David looks at you like No is a CHALLENGE! You're a tough mom. And so awesome on the running!

Family of Five said...

Wow!!! Totally Terrifying! You just talked me out of bunk beds!!! I really hope all three are okay! How sneaky of the pneumonia! Creeping up right after a horrifying ER visit! You are a Very Tough mom Mary! Good thing too!!! Take care!!