Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fathers and sons













So the Fathers and sons outing was this last friday, and ALL of my boys were super excited (especially Willey). So they got everything together early Friday morning and they left about 1:30 in the afternoon. Now it only takes about 45 mins to an hour to get where they were camping but Willey insisted that they get an early start! He left Zachary here because 2 mischevious boys was about all he can handle. So Zack woke up from his nap and went from room to room looking for Josh and Ryan and when he didn't see them he would get a sad look on his face, it was so sad and I knew right then that no matter how much his older brothers torture him, he really loves them. So Zack and I went and did our nightly walk with my sister Callie and then hung out at home, just a low key relaxing kind of night. Saturday I got an early wake up call from my mom at 6 am (thanks mom ha ha) and she invited Zack and I to breakfast, which was so good. Then I cleaned house, anticipating the arrival of my campers. They did not get back until almost 2! And they were FILTHY. I just had to laugh when I saw them walk through the door. The first thing out of Josh and Ryan's mouth was, "Daddy let us shoot his gun at a captus, (cactus) and then we told him we wanted him to shoot the captus for us, and he did ha ha ha". So it must have been really funny seeing daddy shoot the cactus because they just laughed and laughed. And then Ryan went straight to bed. He was so tired I just let him. Josh then proceeded to tell me about his first real camping trip. He loved playing with all the kids, and especially the fire. His dad told him not to put sticks in the fire, but he didn't listen and ended up burning his lip. He told me he was just trying to taste the stick to see if it was still hot. Ha ha. So I guess overall it was a really good time for all of them. I will be looking forward to next year when all three of the boys get to go.

No comments: